Daily Junk*

Panic Attack*

So… I’ve had a pretty crappy day. I cried 3 times, blew my nose about a hundred, and almost killed my laptop.

I’ve pretty much decided that I am allergic to my city because every time the seasons change I get sick. I can almost pin point the moment my nose clogged last night and it hasn’t stopped since. I managed about 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night so I’m pretty tired today. Is it possible to be allergic to something in the air at different times of year? I don’t know. There’s something about this city that makes me get sick. So I’ve just been tired/no energy all day.

And then…. the lap top. At the last minute I decided to go to my 7pm class. I was going to go early so that I could meet up with Dee beforehand and we’d go to campus together. So as I was getting my things together, I managed to spill half a glass of orange juice (which I never drink and only am now to pump vitamin C) onto my laptop keyboard. So, I had a freak out. I probably should have called the Hubster because he is my computer genius, but he was in class so I decided I shouldn’t. I cleaned it as best I could and got out as much of the wetness as I could then tried turning it on, which I only learned later is a BAD idea. *NOTE: If you ever spill liquid on your laptop, do NOT try and turn it on. Anyway. I turned it on and it booted okay so I thought I was in the clear. I cleaned it up, threw it in my backpack and off to school I went. No tears yet.

After a nice visit with some friends in the caf, we headed off to class, where I tried turning on my laptop on again. Nothing. Tried again… nothing. NOTHING. No little flashing lights, nothing. So… I panicked. I began frantically calling the Hubster but the line was busy. So after leaving him a couple of desperate text messages, he called back about 10 minutes after the class had begun. I snuck out and explained what happened… in tears. At school. Not good. So he encouraged me to come right home so that he could try and fix it so after I waited a few minutes to make it not so obvious that I had been bawling my eyes out, I went back in and gathered my things and left.

It took me a while to get home, and I had another little cry on the bus as visions of the 2000ish my computer cost that we just don’t have danced through my head. When I got home I was on the verge of a breakdown but thankfully my husband knows me well enough to know that I know when I’ve made a mistake and that I do a pretty good job of beating myself up over things. So instead of any comments about the laptop he just gave me a really big hug as I cried and told me he loved me. He then spent the next 3 hours taking apart my computer and putting it back together with hopes that I hadn’t fried it by turning it on after getting it wet. But he is a genius because here I am. I don’t know how I lucked out to get such an understanding and smarrrrrrrt companion. Hubster, I sure love you.

So… after a long day I’m pretty much beat and ready for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Shop Girl*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

One Comment