Last week Karen posted a neat interview-style blog. I thought it would be fun to participate, so these are the questions she created for me!
1. Describe or post a picture of your very favorite pair of shoes in your closet. When you did buy them? What did you buy them for? Why are they your favorite?
Oh, sweet mother. That’s like asking me to pick a needle from a haystack! haha! I have many favourite shoes and for many different reasons. Here we go:
Casual Shoe – I have these old, suede flat shoes I bought at Payless a hundred years ago that are SO comfortable. I wear them ALL the time because they go with everything. I will be devastated when they die.
Boot – My pink stiletto boots. Enough said. (I wore them on my very first date with the Hubster!)
Fun shoe – I have silver dress shoes that light up. I kid you not. Yes, they probably belong on a stripper, but I think they are hilarious!
Sandal – Flip flops. I have a million pairs of flip flops in every colour. I can never have enough.
2. What is the one thing you would change about your husband?
I’m supposing you want the honest to goodness truth here. So, here goes: nothing. I’m absolutely serious. After nearly 4 years of marriage, I love him for who he is and what makes him who he is. I love his quirks and eccentricities because they make him different–they make him him. He is honest, fair, hard-working, thoughtful and wonderfully Hubster-ish. I thought hard about this question over the past few days and I really can’t think of one thing I’d want to change. He’s not perfect, but he’s perfect for me.
3. What is “your song” as a couple and why?
We never really had “a song”. We really loved “Forever and For Always” by Shania Twain when we were dating, and our wedding song was “I Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley. We have lots of songs with memories attached to them, but not any one really stands out above those two!
4. If you were to publish a novel, would you rather it be critically acclaimed or commercially successful?
Ugggggggh… you come up with hard questions, lady! haha! Is both an option? Well, if we are talking my first novel here, in my poor, poor student status I’d have to go with commercially successful for my first book for two reasons: 1) it might see more financial success, 2) it might succeed in getting my name out into the world, thus paving the road for my second novel which would (hopefully) be critically acclaimed.
5. What are your three favorite qualities about yourself?
1) My sense of humor. I love to laugh.
2) I try really hard to keep a positive outlook on life. Even when school and assignments are raining down on me, I try to find something to turn it into something good. It’s not always easy, but it’s something I continually work on.
3) I also try really hard to be fair in all aspects of life, with all people I meet.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.