Daily Junk*

Time Flies*

When K tells me it’s time to blog again, I know it’s time.

I can’t believe it’s been almost a full week since I’ve written–I don’t think I’ve gone that long without at least posting SOMETHING in a very long time. Well let me catch you up on what has been keeping me so busy!

Last weekend I told you that we were up at the Hubster’s parent’s home to celebrate his mom’s birthday! We went on a marvelous adventure out to St. Jacob’s, a tiny town and the home of a group of Mennonite followers. It was beautiful… I definitely want to go back and spend a full day exploring all the little towns out that way. The town was full of quaint little shops and I even saw a Mennonite woman driving a horse and buggy. It was rather exciting. haha!

We had a glorious weekend and stayed at his parent’s until Monday, which was filled with laundry and all those little household things I didn’t do over the weekend.

Tuesday was my errand day. After my morning run I was out and about and did a bunch of stuff I had been hoping to catch up on.

Wednesday is market day, which means an early morning and I’m usually ready for bed by about 4pm. It also poured rain on Wednesday morning, which made work reeeeeeeeeeeally exciting for Lilac Dreamer and I. I mean reeeeally exciting. There is nothing more lovely than wet pants and feet. haha! Thankfully she is glorious and we endured the wetness. I got home, sat in a bath for over an hour, then passed out on the couch.

Thursday was crazy busy get ready for this past weekend’s adventures. There was packing, and shopping, and baking, and cleaning, and all sorts of things that filled my day from 7am – 1am when I finally crashed into bed.

And then, it was the weekend again. This weekend the Hubster and I travelled to B-Town to visit my family. We met up with Peeah in the City and drove up together, and after dropping the Hubs off at the library to study, she and I ran around and did errands all afternoon. We spent most of Friday night printing and preparing her wedding invitations, which look absolutely beautiful, if I might say so. :)

Saturday morning came all too early, but I was up by 7 helping my mom prepare food for our family reunion / bridal shower day! The Hubster needed some more study time (he has exams this week) so off he went to the library while Peeah and I took over the kitchen to make food. The reunion was great! I love my extended family so it was great to catch up, and for the first time (ever) I didn’t eat until I made myself sick, even though the food was good enough to make me want to. haha!

After the reunion everyone drove back to Grammy’s where we had a bridal shower for Peeah. I thought it went really well… there were about 25 people, lots of food, and she got some beautiful things. There was even a visit from a stripping gorilla, but hopefully I’ll be able to post the video for that shortly. Be excited.

We drove back home late Saturday night, only to return to Muskoka again Sunday morning for another family get together. It was fun, but by the time we got back to B-Town I was tired. By the time Too Kool picked us up to drive back to the Hubster’s parent’s house, I was exhausted. But it was SO worth it. I had a blast.

We finally rolled back into Senior’s City around 10:30 this morning. Despite the internal yelling from my exhausted body I threw on my running clothes and forced myself out the door, and I’m glad I did. I was tired, and it took me a little longer to get going, but I did 7 laps on the track today and I felt really really good when I was done.

And that, dear readers, is what brings me to now. I’m sorry I didn’t write, but, as you can see, it was a busy busy couple of days. The madness should subside for a little while… the only other adventure I hope to have this summer is one to River City to see Material Girl before she leaves me to live in Europe for a year. But I’ll keep you posted.

And yes, I’m also working on the next chapter of Our Story. I’ll post it shortly. :)

Shop Girl*

Related Posts with Thumbnails