Random Junk*

Kee-Kaw Shopping and New Drugs*

I’m feeling a little better today.

I think I’ve finally found a medication that’s working, and it’s so nice to not feel like I’m coughing up one of my lungs every 5 minutes. Seriously. I’ve coughed more in the last three weeks than I have my entire life. I spent four days on Benylin with no results, but a regimen of DayQuil complete and NyQuil seems to be working. I’m sleeping better AND my head no longer feels like it’s going to explode from extreme congestion. I’m still rocking the donkey voice but I’ve just accepted that it might be permanent by this point.

Today was a much needed nothing day. There was a church activity on the other side of the city that I really debated going to, but deep down I knew that I needed a quiet day. As much as I’d love to do everything, I’m trying to be better about listening to my body and knowing when I need to slow down. I’m getting better at saying no to things and not feeling guilty about it when I just can’t make it happen.

So, we had a quiet day. M took S & H to ringette practice this morning, so P and I had a leisurely trip to the grocery store. I normally get groceries on Monday, but this week Monday is a completely random PA day and there’s no way I’m taking three kids to the grocery store if I can avoid it. So, P and I went today while the big kids were out. We went to Superstore, which is probably my favourite store to shop at for no other reason than that they give out free cookies to children while you shop.

They are practically angels.

I do the first half of my shopping, then just as P is getting squirmy, I saunter over to the bakery section. He knows what’s coming as soon as we get close and starts yelling, “KEE-KAW! KEE-KAW!” (cookie) at the top of his lungs. Seriously. His tiny body trembles with excitement and joy over this circular object of love. The bakery staff all know us by now and can hear us coming from halfway across the store. His “KEE-KAW!” cry has won over the entire staff and they all love him. It’s amazing.

After groceries we spent a quiet day doing an insane amount of laundry and other chores. I’m fairly sure that I washed every items of clothing that H owns–this kid loves outfit changes more than Cher. I was able to cut the lawn and winterize two of my gardens today, which I am taking as a real accomplishment seeing as making three or four hours without needing a nap was the extent of my abilities a few days ago.

Tonight M & I attempted to watch the Leafs game, but once they were down 3-0 it just hurt my heart too much to watch it. So, I came here. To ramble about my day. I was going to write about the dream I had last night but I’m not ready. I woke up sobbing at midnight and had to get up and walk to shake off the dream. It was SO vivid and real and I can still feel the way I felt in it. Ugh. I was so relieved when I woke up and it wasn’t real. Have you ever had a dream like that? I’ve had dreams that made me cry before, but not one that felt so completely… real.


It’s time to Nyquil myself to sleep. I finally have hope that the end of this cold might be on the horizon…

Related Posts with Thumbnails