I really liked this and so I borrowed it from one of my favourite blogs, Soaking up the Sun, and changed all the answers!! Enjoy!
Things you may not know about me:
1) I have an “x-men” toe. I think the tendons for my big and middle toe are somehow connected and so they bend together. It’s pretty funny, and the Hubster likes to sing the x-men theme to me when I do it.
2) I LOVE cheesy old dance music. I still love Spice Girls, Aqua, Prozzak, Venga Boys, Run DMC and Dance Mix ’95. Every song has a memory attached to it and they make me laugh.
3) I like my food to be well done. I can’t eat bacon unless it’s crispy, I don’t like eggs unless they are cooked all the way through, my toast has to be toasted “brown” (no ‘hot bread’ please) and potatoes must not be hard.
4) I don’t eat chocolate, but I drink hot chocolate.
5) Hope Floats still makes me cry, even though I’ve seen it a million times.
6) I hate sleeping without light and noise coming from somewhere. I have a nightlight in my kitchen and a moon lamp in my bathroom, and I need the fan on, even in the dead of winter.
7) I have lost 11 pounds since August… and have 6 more to lose to reach my goal.
8) I loathe Donny Darko. I didn’t particularly enjoy it the first time my friends and I watched it in first year, or any of the other 24938274 times we watched it during their obsession phase. The only good thing that came out of that movie was the Mad World Remix.
9) I wear a CTR ring every day that people constantly ask me about. It stands for: Choose the Right.
10) I watch more TV than I’d like to admit… but I am going to fess up right now. My weekly shows are: Prison Break, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty, CSI, Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, The Office and America’s Most Wanted. Holy crap. That’s more than I thought. Haha! In my defense, I watch them while I do things (aka eating, folding laundry, cleaning, etc).
11) I cannot sit still and listen to someone lecture. I need to be writing, doodling or playing some kind of game. I listen better while I am doing something else… weird, huh?
12) I am relearning my love for the piano, with the support of my Hubster. I somehow stopped enjoying playing, and am slowly finding my passion again.
13) I have worn glasses and/or contact lenses since I was 10 years old, and I am counting down the days until I can somehow get laser surgery.
14) My greatest professional goal in life is to become an author. I want to write comedic romantic fiction, but can’t find “my idea”. When I find it I’ll let you know.
15) I don’t like most of my freckles. In fact, there is only ONE freckle I have that I enjoy, and it’s located between my index and middle finger on my left hand. I just think it’s a funny place to have a freckle and it makes me laugh.
16) I don’t believe that getting married means that you have to start having children right away.
17) I love old musicals. (ie – Rogers and Hammerstein)
18) I have always, always wanted to learn how to play the violin.
19) I love being organized, but I seldom am. There is nothing that makes me happier than when my space is neat and tidy, and everything I need to do is in an agenda and on an organized list. However, this takes time which I usually use unwisely instead. :)
20) I read all but 30 pages of Tolstoy’s War and Peace and then never bothered to finish the end. I still don’t know why… it was a phenomenal book. I should probably finish that.
21) I can’t read more than one book at one time. For some reason it really bothers me. I have to finish one before I can let myself start another.
22) I love wrapping things. I like shiny paper and ribbons and making things look pretty. I like to buy things for people just so that I can wrap them. haha
23) I have trouble doing things when I know that I have to do them. If I thought I was doing things of my own free will and choice I can complete a task immediately. If I know it’s only because I have to do it, then I procrastinate forever.
24) I love listening to water.
25) I have a mean banana dance.
So there…25 things about me you didn’t know before, and now you do.