Complaining about something*

Just One of Those Days*

Today was one of those days.

You know, one of those days when nothing absolutely terrible happens, but nothing good happens either. It started off by my not sleeping well at all last night. I was stressing a little bit about résumés and jobs and the future a little bit, and it resulted in my not being able to fall asleep until 2:30am. When I fell asleep it was lovely… until it was rudely disturbed by my alarm at 6:45 screaming at me to get out of bed.

I was absolutely exhausted this morning, but I made myself look all pretty and professional as today was “School Board Day” at school, and one of the boards I am very interested in working was coming.

Scratch that. Was supposed to come.

I got there right on time, made my way to the schedule only to see a large line through their name with “Unable to Attend” written on top. Are you kidding me? They were the sole reason I even went this morning, and apparently they decided not to come because the teacher’s college they are affiliated with is on strike and they didn’t want to look like they were showing favor to another college of teachers. Ugh.

So, I thought I’d make the best of it. The school advertised that there would be plenty of booths to look through with lots of information there for the taking. So I made my rounds… in less than 5 minutes. I ended up standing around for an hour while I waited for a presentation to begin. The session was actually semi-interesting, but I have no interest in applying to the board it was for. I stuck it out for the last session about, which was interesting–but anyone who is web savvy could have figured it out on their own.

I cut out of the all the “festivities” a little early and met with a friend to discuss our presentation tomorrow. We were able to fly through our work because she is awesome, so after a quick lunch and visiting with a few friends, I decided that my growing headache was a good enough reason not to stay for history class some 3 hours later. I packed up all my things and headed out to the bus stop. As I was chatting with a friend, I looked down at my bag and realized that my student card (which is also my bus pass and my only source of transportation) was not on my bag.

I spent the next hour retracing every step I took that day, as I have absolutely no idea when or where I lost it. After a fruitless search, I had wet socks, wet pants and no bus pass. I finally left my name with security and was able to get a temporary bus pass for the time being, but I am so unimpressed. It’s $70 to replace, and I really really hope that someone out there finds it and turns it in. Please?

So, that was my day. I’m just glad that it’s over and that tomorrow is a new day–hopefully one that dawns with a call about my student card. Hope your day was a little better than mine!

Shop Girl*

Related Posts with Thumbnails