Our Story

Chapter Six* March Madness

As I begin school tomorrow, I thought it was a good time to pick up where I left off in Our Story*… I always need a good reason to procrastinate homework. :) I know it’s been a while–I’m sorry–but for those of you who have been patiently waiting I promise I’ll take you all the way to our wedding day in a few posts.

If you’re just visiting my blog for the first time, for the past few months I’ve been slowly telling the story of how the Hubster and I met, fell in love and were married within 8 months from the day we met. You can catch up on all the previous chapters HERE to find out about how we met or how the Hubs proposed to me (just shy of two months after our first date).

I last told you about the reactions to our engagement from our family and friends. After some initial shock and surprise people were genuinely happy and excited for us–especially as we began to plan. As we had only 5 months and 5 days to plan our wedding we needed to begin planning immediately. We had already talked about a potential date, and once we decided that we liked the sound of August 20th, we began to make it happen.

Where we wanted to get married was an easy decision. We both wanted to be married in the Toronto Ontario Temple, so the first thing on the agenda was booking our date. As it’s usually pretty busy during the summer months we were on the phone only a couple of days after we got engaged. We first decided we wanted to be married at 3pm to allow time for getting ready, driving, and all those odds and ends that pop up on your wedding day. We called and booked it. It was official.

…then we realized that by the time we finished and took pictures and drove back to Btown it would be late in the afternoon. So, we decided to push it back to 1pm. We called back and they changed our time for us.

…then we spoke with those oh, so experienced already married people who suggested we might want to be married earlier to be able to rest in the afternoon before the reception. SO, we called back (again) and again the kind people who work there booked our time for 12pm, August 20th 2005 and we promised we wouldn’t change it again. haha!

We didn’t need to go through the hassle of viewing and booking a hall for the reception as our church is equipped with a full-sized gym which was just the right size for what we wanted. Done deal.

After those two things were out of the way I thought I’d be good for a while. As it turned out, I had nooooooooo idea how much work planning a wedding would be or what the heck I was supposed to do next. So, we took the next big step–and went to Chapters. Did you know that they have a whole section on wedding planning?! Who knew? So we bought a little “What You Should Know When Planning a Wedding” book and planned, planned, planned.

One of the biggest decisions we had to make after getting engaged in March was where to live. I spent my first year of university at Ghetto U in the City and absolutely loved everything about it. I had amazing friends, I loved my program and I loved loved LOVED being in the city after growing up in a tiny town. However, as much as I loved my school, we both felt that it was important to be somewhere on our own to start our marriage. We wanted to go off on our own and unfortunately for me, that meant leaving my happy city and Ghetto U. So, in the midst of my studying and wedding planning I began last-minute transfer applications to Hippie U…

I soon discovered that it’s impossible to focus on exams and wedding plan at the same time (as wedding plans always, always take precedence haha). We got engaged in late March, which meant that in less than two weeks I had my first end-of-the-year university exams that I was finding it rather impossible to concentrate on. So, after the temple and church was booked for our date I was ordered to put everything on hold until they were finished…

Shop Girl*

Previous* ———————————————————————– Next*
Related Posts with Thumbnails