Daily Junk*

Holiday Update*

So being a good blogger in December didn’t happen… *sigh*. Who knew that life could be so busy? Well let me catch you up a little then I’ll tell you all about Christmas. The month began absolutely FILLED with essays, tests and assignments. In some ways this was nice because it gave me virtually the rest of the semester free to focus on my teacher’s college applications, but it was a hellish 2 weeks. Thankfully it was ONLY two weeks and they passed quickly! I then had a week off to do everything else that I had slacked off on during the semester (ie: housework, Christmas baking & shopping, spending time with my Hubs and mailing our Christmas letters!) so it wasn’t really a break. And thennnnnn……. I went NORTH!

As you know, I grew up in the Great White North before my family moved south when I was 17. Since moving south, and especially since getting married I’ve found it difficult to get up north and can only stay there for a day or 2 before having to come back for work, school or other things that eat up my time. However, as I am now a lovely, lovely 4th year undergrad student I had no exams this semester and my wonderful, wonderful parents and lovely, lovely sister offered me a trip ‘home’ as an early Christmas gift. They paid for nearly eveything and I really can’t thank them enough for it.

The week began with a small delay–I was prepared to leave on the 16th, but as luck (and Canadian weather) would have it, a major snowstorm blew in and raged for almost 24 hours. It snowed so hard that I couldn’t even see the apartment building across the street. Wild, but so cool. SO. I ended up leaving a day late to meet Spart at my parents and we departed for Timmins early the morning of the 18th. After a long, long drive we finally arrived to enjoy a nice (albeit busy) week with Grammy. I don’t think I could have packed anything more into that week–in the 5 days that I was there, I had breakfast with All-Star*, attended a Christmas formal, spent a couple of nights out and about with [aaaaaaaammmmmiiiiieeeee] and Material Girl, shopped, ran a billion errands for Grammy, cooked 2 big family meals, and managed to see most of my friends that I hadn’t seen since my wedding almost 2.5 years ago. It was amazing.

Aaammmiiieee & I pre-Formal
Material Girl & I reunited after 2.5 years!

I was sad to leave–my entire family came up on the evening of the 22nd to spend Christmas there, and I had to leave early on the 23rd to come south to spend Christmas with The Hubster’s family. I was so excited to see him though… I hate when we are apart. And after a 11 hour train ride I was finally at D&D’s. We spent a really nice quite Christmas Ever together–his family opens one gift each that evening and saves the rest for Christmas morning. I opened Season 2 of Frasier (The Hubs had already given me season 1) and I was SO SO excited. If you weren’t already aware, it’s the best show EVER. I heart Niles with all my heart. *love* Anyway. So we watched a bit of that, then The Hubs, D&D and I took 2 of their dogs for a long walk through the neighbourhood enjoying all the beautiful lights. It was so nice. :)

Christmas day was busy– we slept in then spent an hour or 2 eating a big breakfast and opening gifts. Afterwards we all got ready then piled into cars to travel to The Hub’s uncle’s house for a big family dinner. This was the first time that ALL of their extended family had been able to get together for some time so it was pretty cool! We hate a big meal then spent a million years taking pictures. I was exhausted by the end of the day and we collapsed happily into bed.

The Hubs’ extended family

We left on the 27th to spend a few days with my parents and it was so good to see them! I had only seen them briefly in Timmins so I was glad to actually get some time to visit with them. Peeah & Fireman and Doodle made appearances so all in all it was a wonderful few days. Mom and I got to do some shopping and went wedding dress shopping with Peeah and she picked out her dress on her 4th try. It’s absolutely PERFECT for her and I’m getting excited for her wedding (even though it’s still 11 months away). We had to cut the visit slightly short as D&D phoned on Saturday to let us know that The Hub’s dog, Rocky, had passed away that morning. We wanted to have a bit of time with them as his mom was pretty upset about it… it was very sudden.

Saturday was also an interesting day for me, as I have decided that I no longer like pink. I somehow got some crazy eye infection (conjunctivitis) and my eyes turned red and swelled up like I had been boxing and was punched in the face. It was SO SO sore… like holy freaking crap sore. I was up most of the night Saturday trying to sooth them, and finally on Sunday morning Mom took me to a pharmacy to get something to help them. They are much better today– the swelling is gone and they are only a little red. I don’t look like a mutant anymore. haha

Anyway, we FINALLY came home today (I’ve been gone for 2 weeks) and it feels soooo good to be back in my own place. I am unpacked, the majority of the Christmas decorations are down, and I feel like I’m getting back into my own routine. Love love love. I’m sorry for not writing more throughout the holiday–I can’t believe how busy it was. Thankfully I have a few days off now to prepare for the hell that will be next week… semester #2 and job #2 begin in full force and I don’t even want to think about how insane that will be.

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday filled with good food, good friends (and faily) and good memories… know that I am thinking of you and miss you dearly. Much love,

Shop Girl*

Related Posts with Thumbnails