Tonight I feel a burning desire to share with you why I am married to the best man in the world. As I’ve been sick the past few days and he has been faithfully taking care of me (and shamelessly pampering me) I am just overwhelmed that this man chose me to be his eternal companion and I continue to fall deeper in love with him every day. Here are a few reasons why:
1. He loves me. Unconditionally. I can be a difficult person or a wee bit stubborn at times, but he is so patient with me and waits for me to work things out.
2. He pushes me to step out of my comfort zone and try new things, but never ever pushes too hard or too far. Even though many people see me as an outgoing, crazy personality, the truth is, I’m pretty shy and I’m often hesitant to try something new. He opens new worlds for me. (Like FRASIER, only to name one. I was SO adamant that I would not watch it… and now Niles is the other love of my life. haha!)
3. He makes me rice krispie squares. And they are STINKING good. Like oh my gosh good.
4. The first thing/last thing he does every day is hold me in his arms and tell me that he loves me, even with morning hair and no make up.
5. Tonight he helped me run a bath, lit some candles and cleaned the apartment while I soaked in the tub.
6. He dances with me in the kitchen. :)
7. He also has been making dinner for me a couple of nights a week in that same kitchen to try and ease my workload in my crazy schedule.
8. No matter what he is doing, when I come home and walk in the door he comes over to help me take off my coat and gives me a big hug.
9. He consciously makes sure that he spends enough time with me even when our schedules are CRAZY and we both have a million things to do… even if it’s just to walk to my desk, pull me up and hug me for a few minutes before we zone back to our various assignments. haha
10. He makes me laugh. He loves making me laugh and if I’m feeling blue, he goes above and beyond to lift my spirits. Whether it’s through a crazy dance or song, or telling me a funny story, or making a face, or blowing me kisses from across the room… he knows exactly what to do to make me smile.
So those are 10 reasons why I’m married to pretty much the most amazing man on earth. This month marks 2.5 years that we’ve been married, and they have been the best 2.5 years of my life. Every day is a new adventure with him and I cannot wait for every single one. I often get strange expressions or remarks when people found out how young I was when I got married (20), but I know it was the best decision that I ever made. Hubster, I love you. More than you’ll ever know. :)
All my love,